The National Action Center is setting up a NOW WordPress website for members to make comments on the three strategic plans, such as:
- Ending the Sex Abuse to Prison Pipeline See Michele Hamilton’s Strategic Committee Report
- Full funding for Abortion, Contraception and other reproductive health services see Strategic Committee Report
- ERA see Strategic Committee Report
If you are interested in running for one of the Electoral District seats on the National Board, you must notify Terry at email@example.com by April 7. She will then forward your email to the state presidents/coordinators in your district. FYI, here are the new Electoral Districts each of our states will be moving to:
- Eastern – Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia; The other states in this district are Indiana, Kentucky, North Carolina, and Ohio.
- Northern –New Jersey, Pennsylvania. The other states in this district Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
On June 23, we will honor a stellar group of women with NOW’s Intrepid Awards at the NOW Gala. The Forward Feminism Conference will follow on June 24-26. You can register online at http://now.org/about/conference/register/. Room reservations at the Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill can be made at http://now.org/about/conference/hotel/; deadline is May 24.
Mid-Atlantic Regional Director, National NOW Board of Directors
At-Large Executive Member and President Emerita, Pennsylvania NOW, Inc.