Keynote Speaker: Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress!
Plus 6 interactive workshops on topics including economic equality for women, car care, international women’s issues, health care reform, interviewing skills and professional branding. This free conference will also feature health screenings and a free digital professional photo, so come dressed for success if you want a photo!
Saturday, September 13
Washington-Lee High School
1301 N Stafford St, Arlington, VA 22201
This is a free event, and a light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Register here: http://moran.house.gov/about/events/womens-issues-conference
For more information contact Krysta Jones, Outreach Director, at Krysta.Jones@mail.house.gov or 703-971-4700.
SPEAKERS AND WORKSHOPS
Building Your Network and Your Professional Brand
· Dana Taylor-Intelligent Ethos, CEO
· Amanda Miller Littlejohn-Mopwater Social PR, Founder
Getting to Equality in the Workplace
· Stacye Montez-Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Executive Director
· Amanda Andere-Wider Opportunities for Women, CEO
Perfect Your Interviewing Skills in 50 minutes
· Sandy Smith- Arlington Employment Center, Transition Services Manager
· Liane H. Gould-Arlington County, Adult Services Division
Do You Understand the Affordable Care Act?
· Carlon Ocel- ENROLL Virginia, Health Care Navigator
· Jessica Killeen- ENROLL Virginia, Health Care Navigator
· Taylor Burke, JD-George Washington University School of Public Health and Health Services, Assistant Professor of Health Law and Policy
· Roy Krebs-Jack Taylor’s Alexandria Toyota, Shop Foreman
International Women’s Issues
· Laurna Strikwerda-Freedom House, Program Officer