On Thursday, Oct 14th, 7-9 pm, Virginia NOW, in collaboration with the NOVA Women’s Center, presents The F-Word (Feminist) Happy Hour Fundraiser, featuring the fun and insightful documentary, “I Was a Teenage Feminist” (film starts at 7:30pm).
We’ll be at Busboys & Poets in Shirlington, 4251 South Campbell Avenue, Arlington.
We’ve lined up some great raffle prizes for you:
- 2 Suite tickets to see Margaret Cho at the Warner Theatre
- 10 Pack of Pilates Mat or Yoga Classes from Thrive Pilates ($175 value)
- Gift certificate for a designer haircut from Studio Salon & Spa ($60 value)
- 2 $50 gift certificates from Ping restaurant
- Signed copy of “No Excuses” by Gloria Feldt
- Prize pack from the Feminist Majority Foundation & Ms. Magazine
It’s all for two very good causes: Courtney’s House – for survivors of domestic sex trafficking – and The Women’s Center Emergency Fund at Northern Virginia Community College. You’ll have a chance to meet representatives from both organizations and learn about the work they do in our community.
RSVPs are not necessary, but they are much appreciated. So please RSVP at the Virginia NOW page on Facebook (and become a fan of our page while you’re there). The suggested donation at the door is only $10.